Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about sound im gonna get from duals

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about sound im gonna get from duals

im gettin the TSP TD's (already have the lt's) and im gonna run catco 3 in cats with the system also....my question is will it be loud and mean sounding

or with the cats just mean....

i am hoping for a not so loud mean rumble type sound...cause where i am from LOUD exahust is not allowed and they crack down on your pretty hard for it too

but i still wanna go with the duals for the better gain u get from them...

i have a LT1 camaro with 3.73's, pacesetter mids, gutted cats, and a magnaflow cat-back...and it is HELLA loud and people always say that the magna-flow isn't loud but hell mine is LOOOOUD...will my catted dual system on my ls1 be more quite?
Old 07-02-2005, 04:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have dumped duals with no cats and I dont think its really loud just cruising.Its possible Im just used to the sound though,whats loud is very subjective.
Old 07-03-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

true duals are always going to be louder then any Y pipe setup
Old 07-03-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my true duals are pretty loud but not that dang loud..ok they are pretty loud..hahahah i love the sound though..There is no comparison when you go WOT..its simply awesome..
Old 07-03-2005, 03:11 PM
Launching!

It is hard to compare an LT1 exhaust setup to an LS1 setup. The LT1 stock exhaust is loud in comparison to the stock LS1 setup. I think with the true duals you will be fine with cats and any muffler choice as far as sound level goes. I personally would ditch the cats and try to find a muffler that will do the silencing instead of a cat. I have 4" round body Magnaflows. The idle is aggressive and comparable to my buddies 93 Formula with just a Hooker Aerochamber. The cruising volume is all based on you. If you want to run some rpm then you will have some volume. If you want to run alot of rpm then you will have alot of volume. I can cruise at any rpm below 2000 and be stealth. Between 2000 and 3000 rpm it begins to come alive. Anything above 3000 it just plan screams. Hope that paints a good picture. I personally would not run anything but duals after having them. But having them over the axle helps that case also.

Dave