Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kooks QTP combo

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default kooks QTP combo

will a 3" kooks ory fit with QTP long tubes with 3" collect???? also does the kooks y have better clearance than the QTP y ??? thanks -Josh
Old 07-05-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

please post pics if anyone has any , thanks
Old 07-05-2005, 11:07 PM
TECH Resident

The Kooks ory should bolt up with no problem. The Kooks and QTPs have pretty much the same design (as long as nothing has changed recently that I know of). The clearance of each should be similar, but the QTP y is a bit longer because of the flowmaster merge collector. With the Kooks you shouldn't have to shorten your i-pipe. With the QTP, you will.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

would the flowmaster merge collector be worth getting over the kooks y ???? or would it even matter being the kooks ory im looking at already have dual cutouts in i t???? thanks
Old 07-06-2005, 02:50 AM
TECH Resident

If the y already has dual cutouts, the merge won't matter much with them open. But I can almost guarantee that you'll be driving around with the cut-outs closed more often than open. In that case, the QTPs will outperform the Kooks. By how much depends on your setup. Stock internals and bolt-ons, you might not see much difference. Once you get into heads and cam, I'm sure the flowmaster merge makes a much bigger difference.