Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Running rich after asp pulley install

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2005, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running rich after asp pulley install

I just got done installing an asp pulley. The car is now running really rich even after reseting computer and driving it 60 miles. Is this a normal condition and is there any way to fix this besides getting a tune. Also the same time as the asp install I also descreened the maf. Is it possible that it could be contributing to this mystery. Please help need input.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1Quickeee
I just got done installing an asp pulley. The car is now running really rich even after reseting computer and driving it 60 miles. Is this a normal condition and is there any way to fix this besides getting a tune. Also the same time as the asp install I also descreened the maf. Is it possible that it could be contributing to this mystery. Please help need input.
Are you sure it didn't start running rich after installing the headers? Most LS1s run rich after headers without a tune. If not, more likely had to do with the MAF descreening that the pulley. Get a tune, you'll pick up some hp if you're running that rich.