Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!AIR and !EGR: Any REAL Benefits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !AIR and !EGR: Any REAL Benefits?

OK, this is gonna sound like something a retarded newbie would ask, but here goes:

I've already removed my AIR and EGR about a month ago when doing my LS6 intake, and I know thousands of others have done it too.

While removing those has cleared up some space, and IMO, cleaned up the engine bay, are there really any beneficial gains to deleting them? Any gains in terms of super-slight, microscopic performance gains or engine stress? Or did I just answer my own question to this thread with the first sentence in this paragraph?

Yes, again I know this sounds ridiculously stupid, especially to those who know the answers, and maybe what I'm asking doesn't even make sense, but can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 07-15-2005, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as power, driveablity, and such you'll see no difference in these. the main benefit is a clean engine bay. with the !air it make plugs easier to get to. you also save about 10 lbs off the front which isn't much but if you can 10 pounds here, 5 there, 15 here, and so on without deleting a needed item or chopping and gutting the car to shreds you can knock off a fair amount of weight for free and every little bit helps.