Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dumped true duals in CT?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dumped true duals in CT?

I asked this question in the eastern regional forum, but haven't received any responses, so I figured I'd try it here.

Does anyone have dumped true duals in CT? I'd like to get the TSP true duals, or another dumped kit to go along with long tubes on my 98 Z28. Will I have a lot of problems with cops with the noise or emissions (if I get cats added in sometime later) with a dumped system?

Basically, I just want to know if it would be too much trouble to bother trying dumped duals and instead just spend the extra cash on a custom setup out the back. I'd like to do my own exhaust work which is why I want to go with the dumped duals, but I don't have the time to do a custom setup, so that would have to be done by a shop.

Any help/opinions is appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 07-25-2005, 07:12 AM
TECH Resident

You wont have a problem with emissions since CT only does the OBD-II scans now. As long as you dont have a SES light you will pass. They are supposed to check for cats but some places dont even do that. As for the noise thats another story. IMO I think you will be stopped for it. I got stopped last year with my exhaust setup (Kooks long tubes with cats to a wide open borla). The cop wasnt a dick about it and just said the car was too loud and if he starts getting complaints he will be forced to ticket me and then just let me go on my way. I have an electric cutout now in place where the borla plates go and have not been bothered since becuase I keep it closed most of the time.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

why don't you just by the tsp setup....and if you do get any trouble...just run it out the back instead of fabricating the whole system. and of course your gonna be bothers with a loud fast car....does ct have a dec. limit? but if you just act responsible when you see a cop..you chouldn't get in any trouble, i had a cutout on my car that was left always open for 2 or 3 months till i switched toa tsp rumbler....and I never got stopped or anything because of it.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
does ct have a dec. limit?
No worse, last I heard that Bill banning any aftermarket exhaust passed.