Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me Out- Need To Know!! Asap

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Out- Need To Know!! Asap

Starting saturday night, my car made this loud rattling sound, i wondered to myself "WHY?" It originally did it the most when i'd put the car into motion "R" or "D" Had some buddies check out the car, they thought it was th heatshield- Nope cuz it wasn't vibrating or anything. Then we took a closer look it appeared to be maybe something was loose - NOPE- come to find both cats are fried today. Well i had to run out to speed Inc about 30-40 min from me and back to pick up some stuff. Well on the way back my car sudenly looses its GMMG tone and gets all raspy and quieter sounding like

Can anybody explain what the hell happened and if its a bad thing- how to solve it etc? Never had this happen before so i am furious and conserned that it may have f-cked something up

Also what the hell could have caused this with my mods? I don't get it!!!

Adam
Old 07-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Mat
Launching!

Well you just said your CATS were screwed up. I'm betting that you blew them out and some of the honeycomb junk in them rotated sideways and caused a blockage either in the CAT or further downstream in your I pipe or muffler.

Couple guys around here have blown CATS out before and had similar descriptions of symptoms.

Hope that points yah in the right direction my friend.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:55 PM
12 Second Club

what are my chances that it blew into the Chambers of the GMMG? how hard is it to get them out? Did i manage to screw something up or its an easy fix? QTP is sending me new replacemnet cats- thankfully (BUT I HAD TO PAY 75 to get one and the other they wouldnt cover both! oh well)

What is the worst that could've happened? How could i fix it? How could this have happened to begin with?!?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02WS6Bird
what are my chances that it blew into the Chambers of the GMMG? how hard is it to get them out? Did i manage to screw something up or its an easy fix? QTP is sending me new replacemnet cats- thankfully (BUT I HAD TO PAY 75 to get one and the other they wouldnt cover both! oh well)

What is the worst that could've happened? How could i fix it? How could this have happened to begin with?!?
Other than having to take apart the exhaust system to fish out the pieces, you shouldn't have damaged anything.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:29 AM
12 Second Club

anybody else ttt please