Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAF problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF problem

Ok, so i figured I'd try to squeeze a little hp outa the T/A. So i got SLP's smooth bellows and figured it would be a quick, easy install. The smooth bellows rubber is extremely hard and rigid which makes it really difficult to bend so that the MAF can clear the radiator. I wrestled with the damn thing for over an hour with no luck. I could not get the bottom of the rubber over the MAF. I even put the rubber in hot water which softened it up a little but it still would not go over the MAF. Any ideas or tips.

(click to enlarge)

Thanks
Old 07-26-2005, 11:37 PM
TECH Addict

Either put the bellow in some boiling water for longer or...... attach the lid, maf and bellow as one piece to the TB. This way worked well for me.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is not an SLP smooth bellow, that is just a rubber reducer used in plumbing. Good luck trying to get that thing to fit. If you check out SLP's web sight I'm sure they'll have a picture of there bellow, which looks alot different then the piece you have.

Last edited by nostyta; 07-28-2005 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Addict

you may have to end up trimming it. you will not see any gain from it. it just looks a little better. fernco..6 bucks at home depot