Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

resonator exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 02:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default resonator exhaust tips

I bought a 99 Trans Am a little while ago that came with MAC exhaust on it. The system which i believe isnt to common with LS1's has a surprisingly great sound all through the rpm range. The only thing I dont like about it is that it has resonator exhaust tips on it. I plan on putting non resonator tips on it soon and was wondering how much louder it would make it...if hardly at all. Second the tips have mounting brackets bolted to the car (something Iv never seen with past fbodies)...i took them off to see what would happen and the exhaust doesnt move even slightly. The new exhaust tips i will be getting dont have those brackets. Is that something I should look into or is it just overkill?

My buddy has a 94 formula with hooker exhaust and his is slightly louder than the MAC i have...i was hoping new tips would make them close.
Old 09-11-2005, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having switched from stock WS6 tips to resonated tips, I'm pretty sure the resonated tips made my car slightly louder. You might however gain a little bit of power with non-resonated tips, but I don't think it would be more than 2-3 rwhp if that.

Quick Reply: resonator exhaust tips