Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 06:00 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some help please!

Hey guys, I haven't posted here in a while, been busy with other projects. Anyay, I would like to get some more umph out of my 98 T/A. I have a friend that has a 94 firebird banshee with the LT1. He's got all kinds of stuff like CAI, LT's, HT PP3, 160 stat, plus an Art Carr trans with 2800 stall SLP converter. Anyway, he runs 8.48 in the 1/8th mile. Now, I want to beat him, but I don't want to change the cams, port the heads, or install lower gears(it's an auto with 2.73's) I have the Whisper lid, K&N, airbox mods, EGR tube mod, Dynatech Systemaxx long tubes with cats & y pipe, hooker 3 inch cat back, Monster Motorsports 4L60E with shift kit, corvette 1-2 and 2-3 shift solenoids, TCI 3000 stall converter, and BMR adjustabe torgue arm, LCA's panhard bar, and subframes. Last time I took it to the track I ran it stock and it went 8.80 flat. I have not ran it since I did all the other mods but I estimate flywheel HP to be around the 340-350 mark. Plus, I know that my friend is going to spray me, even though he says that he doesn't have a nitrous kit on his car, I know otherwise! So it there any way to squeak more power out of it? Any info would be appreciated, Thanks, Paul Moore
Old 09-13-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Underdrive pulley and ported TB. That should help, and DR's should do the rest.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, thanks. I was talking to a guy at work that races the LS1 in ASA?? or something like that. He's been playing with them since they came out. He was tellling me to use the 6.0L vortech MAF casue it is an 80mm unit and all you need to do is switch around the wiring at the sensor. He told me that with some wiring tricks he got the cars up to 435 WHP without changing the cams or head porting, just a LS6 intake manifold and some PCM tuning.