Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harmonic balancer

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 09:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harmonic balancer

Is anyone here running an aftemarker balancer? I need to replace mine and I am not sure what I want to use. I was about to order the Fluidampr but was told the fluid did not react well for roadrace applications. I would perfer a non-underdrive pulley. Any info would be helpful.

Rip
Old 09-24-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a varity of aftermarket ones out there. ATI makes a pulley that is close to stock size, not sure anyone makes a actual stock sized replacement.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Checkout SLP Harmonic Balancer/Underdrive Pulley
Old 09-24-2005, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KILLERARMY
Checkout SLP Harmonic Balancer/Underdrive Pulley
He said he did not want an underdrive pulley.

Where did you hear the fluid would not react well to road race conditions?? I've not heard that, and I have a March sittin on my floor waitin to be installed with my cam.

Also, why not an underdrive pulley? It frees up horsepower, lets your motor spin more freely. No downsides that I can see unless you're going to be running a massive sound system, and there are ways to facilitate too.

If you are dead set on a stock size, contact ATI, they can custom build you a pulley for a pretty price.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes I know he said he did not want a under drive unit. But prior to my blower I was running a SLP unit. Very nice piec of work, and now there cost has come down to a good price.

Even with the under drive I never had or noticed any problems. Revs did come up a bit .