Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long tubes going on my Z06!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 05:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Long tubes going on my Z06!

WEll I'm having long tubes installed on my Z06 in the next 2 weeks, I'm going with either QTP or the supermaxx(i'm deciding tomorrow). I'm also going with high flow cats and an x-pipe. I have two questions, 1) Does any one else here have this setup and what kind of power gains should I expect?(current mods in sig) And 2) I know there really isn't anything to gain by going with a aftermarket catback over my stock ti exhaust, but I don't know if it will be aggressive enough for me? I;ve looked everywhere for a clip of a Z06 with headers and stock exhaust, but I can't find one? Anyone have one or know where I can find one?
Old 09-19-2005, 05:22 PM
AOC
TECH Regular

My Z06 has TPIS LT headers and rest of exhaust system is stock. The exhaust note changed very little, only gained 11 rwhp and 8 rwtq. I am planning to install electric cutouts and that should help some.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Junkie

how does the price on those headers compare to the LG longtubes. from what i have heard(not an expert), the LG headers are the absolute best for corvettes.
Old 09-19-2005, 05:33 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Phoenix57
how does the price on those headers compare to the LG longtubes. from what i have heard(not an expert), the LG headers are the absolute best for corvettes.
I don't want to turn this into a "which header is best thread" I've read about 20 of those in the past few days. But what it seems like, as far as power is concerned, they are all about the same, with LG's maybe giving you a little stronger hp & tq curve... but not by much. The Lg's are the most expensive of the group with QTP & Kooks not far behind, but I got an amazing price on the supermaxx kit from one of the sponsers, so I'm kind of leaning that way
Old 09-19-2005, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

I picked up about 18 rwhp from the LG headers on my Z06 with a B&B bullet cat back. Just to give you and idea of some header numbers.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:23 PM
TECH Resident

Just go with the QTPs and stick with your Ti Catback. Thats a killer set up.
Old 09-20-2005, 12:01 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Keep in mind I have the Dynatech Supermax stainless header system on sale and ready to ship. The install is very clean and easy, and the power gains are great also. Let me know if I can help!!