Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker LT header EGR connection blew off hole the size of Quarter in Header Now what?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 08:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hooker LT header EGR connection blew off hole the size of Quarter in Header Now what?

Seen it on here before, now it happened to mine. Will Holley/Hooker back this up?

Probably will just end up welding it up... Just checking to see how others welded up Hookers are holding up.

Thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 08:44 AM
10 Second Club

Default Holley customer service sucks....buy some other LT header!

Called them this morning and I asked him about a warrenty and it is only a four month warrenty so if this happens to you, and you call them clowns on the tech line tell them you got it 3 months ago.

I asked them if they patched it or what, he said I needed a whole new header. I asked how much for just the passenger side an it was over 500$ for a coated LT header with shipping. I said holy $hit guess I am going with another company and he said "ok bye"

What a bunch of

I mean a guy works hard for this stuff should last longer than 5K miles!!
Old 09-20-2005, 11:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** that! If you do not have emissions testing, just ditch the EGR/AIR and get Pacesetter Race Headers. They can usually be had for about $400 shipped. If you need the emissions fittings I would not know how to prevent the same thing happening with another set of headers.
Old 09-20-2005, 05:46 PM
TECH Resident

If you had the egr tube blocked off that will happen on a mild steel header. If you dont run the egr order your next set of header wo/ fittings.