Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took of Emissions stuff...question

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took of Emissions stuff...question

alright, well i took off all the emissions stuff on my car and i have a quick question. On the hose on the driver side, where does it go and what does it do? i noticed it goes down between the head lights....if i completely take that hose off, what will happen? Should i put all the hoses back on?
Old 09-20-2005, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

isn't it the AIR pump? I think it's accesable by going under the car taking a couple of bolt loose, then pulling the black cover/door down and taking it out. A little less weight to carry? Thas what I did to my previous car a 98 LS1. If this is the same thing you're talking about? I think the pump is held on by like 3 bolts or so.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Get under there, and take off the pump and any hoses that are running into it. Undo the electrical connection and tie it up somewhere.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This link here will tell you all you need to know about removing all emissions components and how to do it correctly. Sounds like you missed a couple steps.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/328977-exhaust-backfires-running-rich-poor-mileage-come-air-removal.html