Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

victor jr carb intake vs ls6 intake on H/C 346

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default victor jr carb intake vs ls6 intake on H/C 346

im tossing around the idea of swapping this into my car. im curious if it would be worth the swap (considering the fact i could also sell my ls6 intake to make some cash back).

i would be running the victor jr intake with the fuel rails, etc. an aluminum elbow, than everything in front would be the same i have now (ported stock tb, etc etc)

one reason i wanna do it is for the cool factor, but that takes a second seat to power gains.

anyone running a setup like this or have any input

thanks
Old 09-20-2005, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unless you run over 6500 rpms you wont see any gains. I think CHP or Poppular Hot Rodding did a comparo and the LS6 intake prevailed across the board. The cool factory aint worth 10 hp loss.
Old 09-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Banned

making things from the lid to the tb match up would be tricky, and i don't know of anyone that makes an elbow in the stock bolt pattern. i have the vic. jr. and it's a nice piece, but unless you're already making 450+ and plan to grow with your setup as well as run lots of rpm it's not worth it. the sheet metal manifold i have might be a good option for you though. pm me if interested.
Old 09-21-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Like has already been said, you will give up some power with the swap, especially down low. If you have plans of big cubes/high RPMs, then I say go for it. I am currently looking into this particular manifold if I decide to stay with the LS1 platform to build my N2O setup. I would likely upgrade the throttle body at the same time, though.

Quick Reply: victor jr carb intake vs ls6 intake on H/C 346