Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

just got my hooker headers and Y-pipe...questions...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2005, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got my hooker headers and Y-pipe...questions...

i have the manifolds out right now...i noticed that i have 4 o2 sensors now i see the 2 that plug into the headers but no spot on the y-pipe cause its an O/R y pipe. now should i just get o2 sims and plug them into the old spot? is that how it works? if i dont do this will it mess the car up? also the stock gaskets that were on the car look ok....can i double them up with the new ones? or is that just dumb? btw they are hooker long tubes (not that it matters) hopefully gonna get them finished tomorrow.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

can either buy o2 sims for the two that plug into cats, or have the deleted with a tune. That is what i have read here and there
Old 09-21-2005, 10:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And the ones that were in the front will need to be extended to the rear bungs in the headers, with 02 extensions. Good luck let us know how it goes.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:45 PM
On The Tree

Default ...

thanks guys..will let ya know
Old 09-21-2005, 11:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you use the extensions just make sure you route it well, and not let the wires set or swing into the headers or u will have to buy new ones.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Default how did the headers go on?

I see some hooker lt on ebay for 500 what do you think of them? what did you do with the o2's? how low do they hang, my car is lowered 1.5. (99 z28) thanks for any help.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pottskies
i have the manifolds out right now...i noticed that i have 4 o2 sensors now i see the 2 that plug into the headers but no spot on the y-pipe cause its an O/R y pipe. now should i just get o2 sims and plug them into the old spot? is that how it works? if i dont do this will it mess the car up? also the stock gaskets that were on the car look ok....can i double them up with the new ones? or is that just dumb? btw they are hooker long tubes (not that it matters) hopefully gonna get them finished tomorrow.
you can just get the back o2's tuned out or buy sims, and yes if you dont do it it will mess it up in a way (it wont run right). and the front ones have to be extended, so you can either buy extensions or if you o2's were old like mine and have seen some miles, you can just buy covette o2's which do not need the extensions and heat up faster (it might be about the same as buying extension and new o2's if they are needed). and dont double up the gaskets, just use the new one and you will be golden. good luck and have fun.