Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ahhh... the sanity of a stock maf.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Ahhh... the sanity of a stock maf.

I'm back to a stock screened MAF, from a 85 MM descreend SLP. It's so wonderful. No Pinging, and the car feels like it has more grunt down low...Im sure thats just my mind playing tricks though.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:17 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<wished he had a stock MAF I do like the A9L computer I am running, all mods in sig w/o tune and it runs great (hey, ford DID do one thing right when they programmed the 89-93 ECU's) other than that, they jacked up by killing the displacement and going MOD.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ??

I know this has been beaten to death, but I had a question on the stock MAF vs. the SLP/Delphi/truck MAF (before I convert back to the stock, screened 78mm deal). All else being equal, is there any mileage difference between the two (steady state highway or city stop n' go)?? This is a stock disp., stock LS1 intaked/TBed, stock exhaust manifold/cats 2000 Z28. Does tuning/editing make any difference, either in power/detonation or in mileage at WOT or otherwise? Thanks in advance.