Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake and throttle body.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default intake and throttle body.

Would it be worth the money to get the FAST-X 90mm intake and throttle body? Does the 90mm increase the hp and performance that much better over stock....just curious. I realize its a larger measurement which would mean more air/fuel for more power...but is it worth the money...just curious in ur thoughts. I'm thinkin bout getting this and more or less wonderin if i should go with the 78mm (stock) or the 90mm....thanks guys and gals.
Justin
Old 09-26-2005, 07:56 AM
Teching In

If you decide on the 78mm, get an LS6 intake instead. It flows pretty much just as well and costs much less. Didn't see any engine performance upgrades in your sig other than a lid. More flow on the top end of the motor won't help much unless you have a way of getting it out (LT's). Wouldn't spend the money on a 90 unless you plan on LT's and a cam. Just my .02.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well honestly im looking at buying LTs, cam, rods, and maybe pistons....and installin all at one time....