Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 water pump experts come inside

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 water pump experts come inside

due to space issues in my lsx/fd rx7 procharger set-up it looks like im going to have to lay the rad. flat like the twin ic setup from ati with a air deflector at the rear.....front bumper -> [ ------; <- radiator (side view) with a fan at the top so i have room for the d1 (next year maybe a f1 if this works)and a front mount so the d1 would be right above the radiator and the fmic would be in its standard setting. what my question is will the stock water pump pull the coolant up the hoses (self priming?) even if the radiator in whole is below the inlet and out let of the pump and about the same plane as the oil pan. thanks for any help
Old 09-29-2005, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

What about mounting them as a wedge with the radiator on top and the intercooler on bottom. If you don't know what I'm talking about, it's a design that started in drifting to get equal airflow to both without blocking flow to either. You wouldn't have any gravity problems this way as far as water flow is concerned. It is VERY popular with the FDs so finding info on how to do it would be easy.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Staging Lane

heres my problem the d1 when mounted it going to extend to the front core support in other words im going to have very little room to just put the intercooler in the bumper the d1 is to tall and extends to far out to postion them on any angle. if the above wont work then i have to put the radiator in front where the fmic would go then make a air/water ic system with a heat exchanger. so back to the pump question please somebody must know.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Staging Lane

TTT Help