Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!fra / Ssra

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2005, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default !fra / Ssra

i am in the middle of doing my FRA, and i got to thinking would there be any gain over this if any, to just buy the super sucker ram air, i know it says it angles away from the radiator to avoid heat etc, and that would be the only difference between having / not having the SSRA that i can think of besides maybe jamming a TAD bit more air up there. i guess my question is does the SSRA keep the air that much cooler or the power gains that much more that it justifies buying it and not just staying with the >>>FREE<<< ram air mod.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:49 AM
Banned

I have a FTRA and like it alot. Not track gains to post yet but soon hopefully.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

When I had my FTRA on my old Z I believe you had to do the FRA to put the FTRA on.

Does that make any sense?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont think its worth the $175..i would spend that cash on a ported tb and pick up even more just my .02
Old 10-01-2005, 06:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slimcracka
i dont think its worth the $175..i would spend that cash on a ported tb and pick up even more just my .02

Well, I have one of those also and the FTRA is a very nice piece. If you had one, you would see where the money went. It's all stainless, welded and sanded down nicely. It is also very sturdy. My intake is much quieter due to the fact that the airbox is sealed so I'm getting only cool ambient air from the lower airdam area. I also felt a SOTP gain at higher speeds. Gas mileage seems improved somewhat also. Besides, when your going for all the horsepower you can get, every little bit helps.