Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Catted or ORY, Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Catted or ORY, Problems?

i am about to install a set of kooks LTs and cant decide if im going to go with the catted y (magnaflow) or ory. i have a 2001 Z28 and just installed SLPs loudmouth and want to add the rest of the package. its not an every day driver however when im off i try to drive it as much as i can. i have heard that having no cats will be unbelievably loud and unbearable. i dont believe not having them will give me much more horsepower its just that the price is so much better. purchasing the sims and extensions is not a problem but im scared there is going to be so much droan and vibration im going to regret not spending the money for the cats. i live in charles county maryland and passing emissions shouldn't be a problem because all we require is OBD2 testing. thanks for all the help

also STILL looking for someone GOOD who knows what their doing to install them relativley close.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:13 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The loudmouth is going to be LOUD and RASPY with an ory and headers. Its best to go with cats to help control the rasp. But since its not a DD you may want to try it out and see if you like it...some people do.