Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

for all the AeroTurbine non-believers out there, inside!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 09:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default for all the AeroTurbine non-believers out there, inside!

I know that the Aero Turbine is a really expensive for just a muffler ($196) but all of there claims are true! a friend has a bad *** H/C car with a slipping trans. the heads are stage 3.5 5.3's and the cam is the MS3. kooks LT's, mufflex Y, 4" mufflex with a spintec. well, the spintec was choking the hell out of it, took the muffler off, pulled 400rwhp.. but WAY loud and sounded like crap, installed a 4" Aero Turbine, sounds GREAT, the best I have ever heard, and pulled 415rwhp. 15 more than no muffler, and a lot of trq too. the pull was the same dyno and the day was MUCH hotter than the previous. that was only pulling up too almost 5K before the trans would slip and nail the fuel cutoff.

I am going to get one for my truck (when funds permit) and two 3" on my LS1 swap 79 Z28!!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:32 PM
11 Second Club

So your trusting numbers coming from a car with a slipping tranny?
Old 10-07-2005, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

the trans slipped at a ealier rpm on the last pull as well. i was there for both.
I know they are a little more than a borla, but have heard many different cars/trucks from old BB's to LS1's and they sound great. in fact, the owner of the shop but the AT's on his super gas and took off the Race XR1's off collector mufflers.

I have heard from a few others who have them, and they love them. non-shop related.

its personal prefrence anyway... I just know I really LOVE the sound.

http://www.aero-turbine.com

Last edited by seadoo; 10-07-2005 at 11:33 PM.

Quick Reply: for all the AeroTurbine non-believers out there, inside!