Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emission Shorties...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Emission Shorties...

well, so far the only one i've seen are JBA Cat-Forward Shorty Headers

now... i see those on ThunderRacing, and they are about 620 or so i forgot... does that include y-pipes?...

and it had 2 different types of coating... silver ceramic and titanium ceramic... whats the difference? besides like 10$...

also since shorties arent really out of the engine bay, can you get the y-pipe coated? to keep temperatures down in the engine bay?

are there any other CARB# headers...

the reason i'm contemplating shorties over my (pretty good, so i've heard) 02 manafolds is for extra space in the engine bay, and temperature...
Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the JBA's, but only because my car is a 98. If I had an 02, I wouldn't spend the money on shorties. If I had your car, I'd send them off to be ported, or get longtubes. Shorties just aren't worth it in your situation. Worse case senario, buy a set used. I payed $225 for mine.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
If I had your car, I'd send them off to be ported, or get longtubes.
well long tubes are out of the question, but what do you mean by ported... you can port headers? and you are refering to the manafolds or the jba?
Old 10-19-2005, 12:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hinson supercars ports stock exhaust manifolds. Your stockers ported will probably be just as good as the JBA's.