Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need info on exhaust installation......

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 06:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need info on exhaust installation......

People on here seem to think that $675 labor is high for a complete exhaust makeover (remove old & install new).That's for headers,ORY and Catback.Does anyone know of some performance shops near here that I could compare prices or just give me some info on what you paid for similar services & your location.I live about 45 minutes northeast of Athens(University of Georgia) in Elbert County. Thanks for any info.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hunterdawgs
People on here seem to think that $675 labor is high for a complete exhaust makeover (remove old & install new).That's for headers,ORY and Catback.Does anyone know of some performance shops near here that I could compare prices or just give me some info on what you paid for similar services & your location.I live about 45 minutes northeast of Athens(University of Georgia) in Elbert County. Thanks for any info.
Just do it yourself. Me and my friend put headers on ourselves and it was both our first time. There's numerous guides around the internet that show you step by step what to do. $675 is high for labor when you can easily do it yourself and then you'll know it's done right. Basically your just un-bolting the old stuff and re-bolting the new stuff.

Here's some guides:

How to install Mac Headers & Y-Pipe on an LS1 F-Body
How to install Pacesetter headers
Hooker Long Tube Header Installation Pictures
SLP Header Installation Guide
SLP Header Installation PDF Guide from SLP

Just showing what a little search can do.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:16 AM
TECH Regular

yeah that is a littel expensive, yoru better off doing it yourself. Either way good luck
Old 10-20-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I was quoted $400. I put them in this weekened myself now i have money to buy an LS6 intake!!