Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

longtubes, catted x-pipe,true duals on lowered trans am

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 01:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default longtubes, catted x-pipe,true duals on lowered trans am

before i purchase everything, i'm trying ot figure out if this setup would give me good enough clearence. This is what i have planned.

pacesetter longtubes
2.5 or 3 inch catted x-pipe
2.5 true duals out the back
magnaflow mufflers

Suspension:
Bmr relocating panhard rod.
Umi relocating bracket
dms springs but would consider pro-kit or hotckiss if clearence is an issue
koni shocks
umi tubular subframe connector
Old 10-21-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2.5" td setup with lowering springs will give you about 3.5" ground clearance.
I am not lowered, and with my 3" td setup tucked up as tight as it will go, I have 4.25" ground clearance all around, and just under 4" at the mufflers.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u have any pics of ur exaust. When i was searching i found a thread that had a guy custom fab his own exaust on his ss with cme and it came out sweet. He had no clearence problem. When i went to an exaust shop and told him about that set up, the guy told me the the undercarriage on the camaro was different then the trans am and the camaro had more room to work with. This was the guys setup.
Attached Thumbnails longtubes, catted x-pipe,true duals on lowered trans am-img_0481.jpg   longtubes, catted x-pipe,true duals on lowered trans am-img_0480.jpg   longtubes, catted x-pipe,true duals on lowered trans am-img_0477.jpg   longtubes, catted x-pipe,true duals on lowered trans am-img_0476.jpg  
Old 10-22-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaliboyTA
When i went to an exaust shop and told him about that set up, the guy told me the the undercarriage on the camaro was different then the trans am and the camaro had more room to work with. This was the guys setup.
Sounds like the guy either doesnt know what he's talking about or doesnt want to do the job. I don't blame him for not wanting to do it
Old 10-23-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CaliboyTA
u have any pics of ur exaust. When i was searching i found a thread that had a guy custom fab his own exaust on his ss with cme and it came out sweet. He had no clearence problem. When i went to an exaust shop and told him about that set up, the guy told me the the undercarriage on the camaro was different then the trans am and the camaro had more room to work with. This was the guys setup.
yeah, that guy doesnt know what hes talking about. here are all the pics I have so far
Attached Thumbnails longtubes, catted x-pipe,true duals on lowered trans am-p7190029.jpg   longtubes, catted x-pipe,true duals on lowered trans am-p7190030.jpg   longtubes, catted x-pipe,true duals on lowered trans am-p7190031.jpg