Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust set up ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default exhaust set up ?'s

what's up guys,
i'm planning on doing some work on the SS this winter while it is parked. i was planning on hooker long tubes into an x pipe into a true dual set up. will probably dump them. thinking about going with bullets. i know this is just a basic description, but how does this setup sound? how loud would it likely be? i'm prob gonna start getting the parts together soon. i hear that hooker lt's fit very nicely too.
thanks,
dan
Old 10-24-2005, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

The LT's + Dumped duals is by far the best sound for the LS1. No doubt about it. It's gonna be loud though, will resonate inside the cabin, and you will have some fumes that you'll smell from time to time.

I've got that rough setup now, and I'll tell you. Heads turn, even when I'm rolling up to LS1 meets. With a cam, it only sounds meaner. I've run this setup now for about a year and a half, and plan on moving back to a catted Y/catback setup around Christmas time. But in no way do I expect my next setup to sound half as good as this one.
Old 10-24-2005, 12:35 AM
10 Second Club

Very good sound, If you're going to do an exhaust setup... TD's are the way to go, awesome sound and loud enough for your average enthusiest. makes great power too. Some of the meanest cars i've heard are LTs with T'ds and a montrous cam..
Old 10-24-2005, 02:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have td's and i love it. I reccomend Lane's setup. Very nice. Any q's, pm me.
Old 10-24-2005, 02:13 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet Thunders... I turn heads everywhere I go, even driving normally, and my idea of normal driving is babying my car. I save the floggings for the track and occasional challenges on the street.

There will be some noise and fumes as others have said, but you get used to it, and it doesn't bother you after a while. I can't invision my car without the duals.