Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR block off

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR block off

I was wondering whether anyone has seen any adverse effects from blocking off the EGR. I am looking to get an upgraded intake manifold and it doesn't have EGR provisions for a 99 LS1. I would rather not hack up a new manifold if I don't absolutely have to.

THANKS
Old 11-03-2005, 05:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No adverse effects if you delete the EGR from the computer.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh definitely no neg effects. I just did that this weekend. Basically, the egr system is located on the right hand side, under the cowl. All you have to do, is cut the pipes going to you manifolds, and then crimp down the pipes to seal the manifolds. Then, you can unclip the egr system, unplug if from the AIR system (this is done the right hand side, its the tube that runs over the wheel well), and then, pull out the little vacuum tubes that go into a little cylinoid (some of the tubing goes to the rear-left of your intake, and is a BITCH to get undone) There are some other vacuum tubes back there, leave those, and then you'll have to plug the hole with a screw, which is what I did. You will also have to leave the cylinoid plugged in so you won't throw a SES light. Then remove the rest of the vacuum hoses, and pull that **** out. I think i'm going to remove the AIR system this weekend during my free time. Should drop like 20lbs hahaha, that **** is heavy appariently. Good luck to you!!

Regards,
Adrian

BTW, I have a LS6 intake I could sell to ya if you're interested. I just took it off this weekend (put a 90 FAST on), and its in perfect condition. You'll have to reuse your port seals, and this one comes with the seal for the throttlebody. I also have brakets, and bolts ect.... Send me a PM if you're interested.