Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help : Ignition Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help : Ignition Problems

I recently had to undergo some extensive repair to my car, and it involved taking off the oil pan and the transmission. While we were at it we decided to go ahead put headers on the car. Well, we finished reassembling the car tonight and when we tried to hook the battery cables back up, the starter tried to turn the engine over while the Ignition was not turned on or the clutch pushed in. It seems to have a direct connection to the battery and I cannot figure out what is causing the problems. Any help, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you
Old 11-06-2005, 09:35 PM
TECH Addict

did you check to make sure you don't have any cables pinched in between the transmission and the block?

Had this happen to me on another car I had. The tranny shop pinched the wire harness between the belhousing and the block.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

Im almost positive that we didnt get any cables pinched between the block. Im just wondering if we crossed a connection somewhere. Anyone have any other suggestions?