Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header ?

So I want to get these,

http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...ProductID=1303

My question is what do you guys recommend as far as emissions or no emissions? Should I delete AIR and EGR?

Also, what hardware will I need in addition to the kit?

What will I have to remove to slip the headers in there?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greg
Old 11-09-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you dont have to get a emission test in your area I would get rid of it all. If you do then you'll have to go with a catted Y and keep the egr & air. I removed all of my emission controls and it definety made working in the engine bay eaiser, you will have more of a raw fuel smell from the exhaust.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is no emissions in FL so that's no problem. Your 2002 doesn't have EGR and removing AIR is only a appearance thing, won't gain you any HP.

I went with high flow catted Y-pipe because I wanted to minimize rasp and that exhaust smell. It will cost me a few HP but I'm not too worried. If you remove AIR your going to have a SES light that will need to be tuned out with LS1edit, HPtuners...

As far as hardware, you will need O2 extensions (I think Pacesetters come with a extension kit, throw it away) and O2 Sims (if removing Cats, I run them anyway). I also went with new GM manifold and AIR gaskets, Plug wires and plugs (best time to do them) and a set of stage 8 locking bolts (all optional or as needed)

All headers are different, the install may require you to remove the steering linkage...Oil fill tube...or even remove engine mound bolts and jack the engine. I don't have any experience with Pacesetters so maybe someone will chime in on install.