Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need real real quick help with Volant and cutting inside of hood..Fast responses need

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 10:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Need real real quick help with Volant and cutting inside of hood..Fast responses need

Hey I just installed my Volant CAI on my Ram Air TA and it seals real nice to the hood. Used toothpaste to check and it seals pretty much all the way around. Question is this.....I debaffled my car when I had a lid and sealed the hood to my old airbox. The rectangular opening under the hood was a perfect fit to the airbox, but the Volant obviously is totally open to incoming air. So I was wondering is it worth cutting away at the inside of the hood to open up even more airflow from the nostrils? Measuring safely I can cut at least 2 1/2 inches higher the length of the opening, which is about 8-10 inches wide, plus on the passenger side I can cut it over about another 2-3 inches for the width of the Volant. Is this worth it or just a waste of time???
Old 11-12-2005, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Ttt please