Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do you think this will work and sound?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How do you think this will work and sound?

this is going on my turbo car.

4'' DP routs to a 4'' electronic cutout, then a borla xr-1 4'' oval muffler, then out back to my mufflex spintech catback. The whole system will be 4'', I'm looking for something real quiet, but also with a nice sound. then the cutout will open when i need it to be loud. Alternately, i could put the cutout after the xr-1 so its not too loud. opinions?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

any advice?
Old 11-15-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It ought to be real quiet. Turbo cars get muffled pretty well by the turbo. With the turbo and two mufflers in series it ought to sound damn near stock. I like a pretty quiet car too. I have the Mufflex/Spintech and really like it a lot better than the much louder Corsa I tried previously. I guess I would question the need for the Borla unless you just really want the db's way down there.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hm, From everything I've read about the mufflex/spintech setup it isnt that quiet, but it if it is indeed quiet then I wont need the XR-1. How do you think the system flows. I honestly would rather keep the I-Pipe the way it is, but rumors of bad flow and loudness have made me reconsider.