Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how long will they last?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how long will they last?

because of budget and the good review I read, I want to get Pacesetters uncoated, I know they will rust
but how long do you think they ll be good for (fonctional, not as far as the look)>?
I m in Arizona, so little rain, no snow, no salted air !

thanks
Old 11-21-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cedric85745
because of budget and the good review I read, I want to get Pacesetters uncoated, I know they will rust
but how long do you think they ll be good for (fonctional, not as far as the look)>?
I m in Arizona, so little rain, no snow, no salted air !

thanks
no offense, but if you can't afford the difference between coated and non coated then you really ought not to be modding your car at all.

Get the coated ones, they look better, last longer, reduce under bonnet and under car temps. They are in every possible way better.

As for how long will uncoated last, well how longs a pice of string?
Old 11-21-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Out in AZ they'll probably be good for several years. My buddy has uncoated hookers on his car and they have surface rust all over them but nothing bad. My coated pacesetters have some slight surface rust near the collectors but I kind of expected that. I would still hit them with some high temp paint before you put them on.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
no offense, but if you can't afford the difference between coated and non coated then you really ought not to be modding your car at all.

Get the coated ones, they look better, last longer, reduce under bonnet and under car temps. They are in every possible way better.

As for how long will uncoated last, well how longs a pice of string?
how much more money are the coated pacessetters?,
plus I was just thinking that since I m in Arizona it would not be as much a problem
I could even afford Kooks, but I rather spend the money in something else , lots of people I know have pacessetttters uncoated and they are happy with it, I just didnt ask them how long they last,

thanks for your quick response , and I ll mod my ls1 if I want to ! lol....
Old 11-21-2005, 11:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cedric85745
how much more money are the coated pacessetters?,
plus I was just thinking that since I m in Arizona it would not be as much a problem
I could even afford Kooks, but I rather spend the money in something else , lots of people I know have pacessetttters uncoated and they are happy with it, I just didnt ask them how long they last,

thanks for your quick response , and I ll mod my ls1 if I want to ! lol....
performance wise there will be little difference, except with under bonnet temps.

How long (once again,,, lol), well they are only mild steel. How long does a stock exhaust normally last on a regualar car? 12 months - 5 years. It's pretty vague really. The headers will be subjected to higher temps so will probably not last as long. In all honesty I would expect 3-5 years out of them may be longer.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd say go ahead and get the uncoated pacesetters and see how they do over the next couple years. If you live in the Phoenix area they'll probably last a long time. If they end up rusting out after a few years I wouldn't consider them much of a loss since they go for about $275.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:23 AM
On The Tree

3-5 years , peffffffffff, by that time hopefully we ll have a ls2 engine on a 2008 model !
3-5 years I can do , thanks