Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOPE I DIDNT LOOSSE HP( no cut out vrs bullet

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 05:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HOPE I DIDNT LOOSSE HP( no cut out vrs bullet

well what i wanted to do was save some weight so what i did was cut my cut out off and my cat back and i mounented a bullet racing muffler in the I pipe so i goes directly after the y pipe splits into 1......

i used to have a full cat back and a cut out next to the right tire do you all think i lost hp by doing this?? keep in mind the bullet flows straight through with 3 inch hole all the way through!!

now i am thinkin about buying another cut out and another y pipe because i found out mine is only 2 1/2 inches till it hits the i then 3 inches... i want to put my 3 inch cut out i previously cut out right after the left header and buy another cut out and put it after the right header and keep the same set up with the bullet!
what do you all think??
Old 01-23-2006, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

woow no one haa
Old 01-23-2006, 08:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just keep the bullet. it is better than a catback.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

All depends, does the bullet have the have any obstruction like louvers or is it perforated(sp). Cause if its louvered then it would be a little restictive.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:10 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Order 66
All depends, does the bullet have the have any obstruction like louvers or is it perforated(sp). Cause if its louvered then it would be a little restictive.
But it may not be any more so than any other type of muffler. A visiual inspection rarely identifies flow rate. Even a straight thru muffler without louvers will affect the flow one way or another, because there are holes in the tubing and as the gas enters the muffler it expands (because it's a GAS and not a solid) this allows some noise supression because some of the exhaust gases then have to pass thru the packing in the outer shell of the muffler. Louvers just use an alternative idea whereby reflecting some of the sound waves to cancel out others thus reducing sound.
Old 01-24-2006, 12:46 PM
10 Second Club

darn ohh well im getting a turbo kit soon so my exhaust will change again for the 5th time no joke!!