Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetters O2s and EGR/AIR; couple Qs

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 09:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetters O2s and EGR/AIR; couple Qs

I took the car down to my uncles shop and he was asking if pacesetters come with holes to put the O2s in? Will he need to hook up the O2s if I plan to delete them with LSedit? Will it run w.o them? Can I delete the AIR/EGR later on and then delete the codes for them with LS edit as well?
Old 02-03-2006, 10:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pacesetters come w/ a bung welded into it so you can keep your front 02's. Most people only delete the rear 02's though so it might be a good idea to keep the front's. It will run just fine w/o the rear 02's, you'll just get an SES light until you get it tuned or get sims.

As for the EGR/AIR you can take them out, but you'll get an SES light for that too until you get a tune to delete them fully. It's usually recommended you keep AIR if you have cats. They tend to clog up if you take out AIR and still have cats. I'm sure you know you'll need block off plates if u don't have the race style headers.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok cool. Had no idea about the AIR and cats. Im thinkin about just doing the headers and leaving EGRfor the time being until I get extremely bored in the next several months and decided to get rid of it. Will this cause me problems down the road? What type of restrictions will I be missing out on if I leave the EGR?