Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

intake gasket question

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake gasket question

a friend of mine works a local auto parts store and said the intake gasket kit is supposed to have 3 pieces. gaskets for the ports, front of the intake, and back of the intake, but in the box there is only the gasket for the ports and he asked if I could use the sealer that comes in the tubes for the front and the back of the intake. I cant remember what its called. He had used it to seal his intake on his 355.

Has anyone used this or is there a place to get the complete gasket set. I looked on ls1speed and thunder racing's websites and couldn't find anything and the search obviously isnt working. So any help would be good.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:09 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you get the intake from and or gaskets? You should be able to use your old ones unless they are chewed up. The one in the front is pretty critical. You have any kind of vac leak there your car will run like crap.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:19 PM
12 Second Club

slp intake and the gasket is from a small shop in town. I have an oil leak somewhere and just in case it was the back intake gasket i'd replace it. But i didnt know I could reuse it if still good. ill just take it off and see if they are still good.

BTW, i just realized I posted this in the wrong section. gonna put it in external section.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:23 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

There are 8 port seals on the LSX intake.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:41 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah i noticed that when i did my FAST. you just have to remove the ssensor in the rear and move it to the new intake.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The intake seals are available as OEM (GM) and also from FAST (got mine cheap from BYUNSPEED). The Front intake gasket is also obtainalbe from OEM and/or fast (78 and 90mm versions). The rear map sensor port casket is not available as far as I can tell (nor is the map sensor or that plastic piece that it plugs into on the back of LS1/6 intakes) so you might be screwed there, or have to get a regular o-ring of the correct size (the rear one is just a round circle)