Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install of GMMG

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Install of GMMG

I just got my GMMG system after two week wait. I have been the the garage for the past 3 hours trying to get the Main Chambered section over the axle with my 3 ton jack. but can't because the pipe is hitting the Panhard bar or something back there. I can't get the car high enough. Has anyone ever done this with a jack.? I'd take it down to the local Midas but its Mid Febuary and the roads look like a sand box up here. It's not a rush but I realy want to HEAR IT.
Thanks
Old 02-09-2006, 08:26 PM
IMJ
TECH Enthusiast

i put my corsa exhaust on by driving the rear of my car up on some ramps it was just high enough to be able to work on the car....
Old 02-09-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

You will have to get it really high, or on a lift. If you can jack it up high enough, and get jackstands under the frame so the rear hangs, it will help you have more room to slip it through. It is a PITA, but I convinced a garage to let me use their lift for 10 mins
Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 PM
TECH Regular

I did it on jack stands in my driveway. I took the panhard bar loose and it slipped over. Search for GMMG and my username. I posted it all with socket sizes included.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Got It! I just searched around the garage and found one of my dads old rally wheels. Put it under the jack and lifted the car so that the bottom of the stock tire there was 21 inchs of clearence. Sounds excellent