Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ordering headers in 30 minutes`

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ordering headers in 30 minutes`

hey guys im ordering my pacesetters in 30 minutes and i need to know if i should order 1 extension for the o2's or two, also i dont have the money for the coated ones, are the painted ones any good?? or should i go with flowtech who supplies extensions and everything. i really want the performance i dont care about how they look im on dirt roads all the time.
Old 02-09-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

the black ones will not last very long, save some money get the pacesetters that are coated, and do not buy flowtech as they are complete garbage. they are notorious for warping their flanges and causing an exhaust leak. where are you ordering them from as when you ask for 02 extensions they sould sell you both?
Old 02-09-2006, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

speed inc... i have the money to get the coated ones but im not gonna be able to get them on and have everything workin, i have 500 bucks to get this header job functional
Old 02-09-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

are you in a hurry? Save for the coated or stainless. I have read they are the only way to go. The paint burns off immeditly, and let the rust begin. My uncle put painted on his 304 cj7, and they rusted within a month. It would be smarter and cheaper to get the higher quality now, vs. buying the painted and then having to buy another set later because your painted headers have big rust holes in them. Also the heat they are going to give off, is way more than coated! You melt plug wires for sure and thats more money down the tubes. pacesetter headers are only $375. definitly not a bank breaker. I would highly recommend saving to get them.
Just trying to save you money and a HUGE headache and than bloody regret feeling.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hey guys im ordering my pacesetters in 30 minutes

I would buy the Stainless Works headers, they won't corrode, they are a decent price, and it didn't take me 30 minutes to order them. I got them directly from Stainless Works and it only took 5 minutes to order them!

Old 02-09-2006, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Personally I have the painted Pacesetters and have had them on for about 8K miles/1 year. They arent as pretty (especially when the paint starts to chip) as the stainless or coated but they dont look horrible and they will last me quite a while longer. I have driven in rain and snow and the only rust so far is the very bottom where the exhaust meets and its minimal. I will easily have a couple more years with them before any performance might be lost.