Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size belts for ASP pulley???

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 01:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What size belts for ASP pulley???

Hey guys a friend of mine is selling me an ASP underdrive pulley. He is only including the pulley and nothing else. What size belts do I need and do I have to get the new crank bolt? Thanks

ps.
Its for my brother so its going on a 98 ss that is all stock!!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:53 PM
Teching In

Yes, you will need a new crank bolt from local chev dealer. As long as you are keeping the stock altenator pulley, then the belts you need will be:

AC Belt.................11-378K4
accessory belt......11-760K6

do you know about seating the pulley with the old bolt and then putting the new bolt in?
Old 02-25-2006, 03:36 AM
On The Tree

cool thanks!!! I dont know how that works you tighten it up with the old bolt then take it off and put the new one in or what?
Old 02-25-2006, 06:50 PM
LS1TECH.com Sponsor

Yes. The new bolt is a TTY bolt and can only safely be used once. Pull it on with the old bolt, then install the new bolt and torque to specs. You should be able to push the pulley on the crankshaft enough for the old bolt to grab the threads. MAKE SURE that you have enough threads grabbed or you will be asking for problems.

If you cant get enough thread to pull it on, put the pulley in the oven at 200* for 10 minutes, then take it out and quickly put it on the car. This usually does the trick.

If it still doesnt work, go buy another bolt from a bolt store....M16 x 2.0 x 120mm in size...this will get you the length you need to pull it on. Then you can install your new GM bolt and torque to specs.