Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

? about cats and tsp TD's

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about cats and tsp TD's

well i have a tsp true dual kit on my car with ST mufflers.its sounded nice dumped but a little to loud for highway cruising. so i had them ran out the back yestersay. Now it sounds awsome. just as loud as before but not under my a$$ and vibrating the whole car all the time. it is much quiter inside and has a much more refined tone. i have been waiting for my slp highflow cats to come in . thing i wanna know is if i put these cats on how much quiter will it get? i dont want my exhaust to get any quiter running it out the back did enough its just i hate the raw fuel smell of the exhaust and smelling like a$$ every where i go when the windows are down. so how much noise will the cats take away?
Old 03-07-2006, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just got my cats installed yesterday. It has a much more 'refined' tone to it. Much softer sounding. It is still a great sound with a deep, low rumble...just quieter. I personally don't like it, but I like exhaust very loud outside of the car. I'm going to get rid of the cats and go under the axle.

Oh, and I would love to see some pics of your setup.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:52 PM
That's what she said...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerdj
I just got my cats installed yesterday. It has a much more 'refined' tone to it. Much softer sounding. It is still a great sound with a deep, low rumble...just quieter. I personally don't like it, but I like exhaust very loud outside of the car. I'm going to get rid of the cats and go under the axle.

Oh, and I would love to see some pics of your setup.
Having your cats put in was such a drastic change, that you think it's too quiet. Drive it for a while and you will change your mind. I thought my system was almost "stock quiet" when i had the cats put in, now i realize i was just in shock and it's actually quite loud.

I still pull up to people's houses and have them say "what the hell was that noise outside?"
Old 03-08-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea, the more I drive it the less quiet it seems. I'm probably going to run some TD's again but this time go under the axle and no cats though.
Old 03-08-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea cause i love the way it sounds now i just want to get rid of the raw exhaust smell so thats what makes me want to put on cats