Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

quick question about pacesetters o2 extensions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2006, 03:24 PM
SPL
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default quick question about pacesetters o2 extensions

I didn't buy any o2 extensions because I was told the pacesetters come with wires you can splice into the stock o2 sensors. I'm starting to think I should get them anyway. How difficult is it to splice the wires? I don't have the headers yet so I'm not sure what the wire looks like. I mean just splicing a couple of wires seems pretty easy, but it sounds like most people just get the extensions.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you asking how hard is it to splice wires???? All you do is cut your o2 wires and add in some extra length og wires, very very simple. Takes a few minutes. I would suggest putting some heat shrink on them because if you leave the wires open to the weather you will misfire when water hits them. Otherwise this is simple and you shouldnt have to spend extra dough for some extensions.
Old 03-17-2006, 03:40 PM
SPL
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know how to splice wires. I just didn't understand why people bought the extensions when that is all you had to do. I was just thinking there must be more to it.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I remember correctly, my pacesetters came with everything needed to splice the wires, including the heat shrink tubing.
Something else you might want to think about is buying the corvette rear o2 sensors. After swapping to LT's, you'll invariably get codes for low heater circuit, possibly even insufficient switching codes. The rear vette o2's (bosche 13111) heater circuit stays hotter, and the wires are long enough to negate the need for splicing o2 wires or using o2 extensions.