Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True dual muffler choices

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True dual muffler choices

Whats up? I need immediate help!!!! Im going to order the texas speed true dual setup tonight, but I dont know what muffler to go with? It is my daily driver but I dont care how loud it is. Its just with an MS3 cam it is going to be crazy loud!! I leave my house late so I dont want to be a pain in my neighbors *** too much. I want the quietist of the 3 muffler choice but I dont want it to sound shitty. If I go with the quietist one and it is going to sound shitty then I will sacrifice and go with the more free-flowing one. What should I do?
Old 03-19-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

www.ls1sounds.com
Old 03-19-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The spiral flows will be the quietest of the 3 choices (dynomax bullets or sweet-thunders). However, Borla XR-1's or Magnaflow ovals will be quieter. I have the Flo Pro Twisters which are basically the spiral flows, and they sound great, but if you keep the rpms below 1500, it's pretty quiet and no one should complain. Put it this way. My car is alot deeper sounding then a 4.6 Mustang with 2 chamber flowmasters and an off-road X pipe with tail pipes, but it really isn't any louder from a distance unless you go past 4000 rpm.

Jason