Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Edelbrock Victor Race headers.

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 10:20 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Edelbrock Victor Race headers.

I plan on getting LTs soon and the Edelbrock Victor Race headers seemed like the best deal for the money. But why do people seem to go more for the coated pacesetters more. Is the Ti-Tech coating any good. How is the installation and how low do they sit. Post pics. thanx
Old 03-29-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats a very good question. I have coated pacesetters myself. I bought them before the Edelbrocks came out. The Pacesetters are top notch quality with nice thick 3/8 flanges.

Now the Edelbrock seems to be the best bang for the buck now IF the ti tech coating will hold up. The Edelbrocks can be bought for 399 and that is including o2 extensions. I think they have 3/8 flanges. The flanges look to be slotted so you can go ahead and put the front and rear bolts in and then drop the header onto the bolts. Thats a big plus in my book because I have worked on a car or two that was hard getting the back bolt started.

The Edelbrock headers have other nice features like better scavenging collectors that can be adjusted with the slip fitted ones and also a stepped design from 1-3/4 to 1-7/8 which would support future mods down the road.

I have yet to see any feedback from Victor header owners about the coating. Thats what Im interested to hear.

If I were buying a set of headers right now I would buy the Victors IF the coating was actually a true long lasting hi temp coating and not just greay paint.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is not a greasy paint, it is a ceramic based paint that withholds temps of 1600. If you are gonna be driving anywhere near salt, stay clear. Otherwise they are a great header, and make great power. Here is a link to mine:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/441706-edelbrock-victor-series-headers-not-56k-friendly.html
Old 03-29-2006, 10:58 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just go in every once in a while and polish them up...works for me and I have no rust after almost a year.

edit - I have the pacesetters but you get the idea.

Last edited by Lithium; 03-29-2006 at 11:06 PM.