Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG owners help please

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 04:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GMMG owners help please

Hey guys, I just bought a gmmg chambered exhaust from a member of the board here. I'm wondering if I'm missing parts or if this is just all that comes with the gmmg system.

I currently have the SLP loudmouth on my car and it bolts to the Y-pipe and then runs all the way out the back of the car. The gmmg that I got today doesn't have any pipe that runs beyond the "over the axle" spot.

Am I missing a piece of pipe? Because bolting it up like th is will leave the resonator and a huge section of pipe from the loudmouth on the car.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's supposed to have an intermediate pipe... why you don't have it, I don't know. I would be pissed.

http://www.gmmginc.net/html/chamberedexhaust.html

Read the description.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:53 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, you are missing the I pipe.
Old 04-07-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what I thought... damnit
Old 04-07-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Now he is saying he didn't know anything about an I pipe, but yet it was on the car. Says he never said it was included... what a rip off. I can't believe this dude acting like its not a big deal.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Does anyone know if you can order just the I pipe? Im betting you can't since gmmg has been so weird about everything else.

If anyone knows anyone personally that could help me out over there at GMMG let me know. Im really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I should have ordered a new one
Old 04-07-2006, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RollTideTA
Does anyone know if you can order just the I pipe? Im betting you can't since gmmg has been so weird about everything else.

If anyone knows anyone personally that could help me out over there at GMMG let me know. Im really stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I should have ordered a new one
Yes you can order the the I Pipe - about $100 - I ordered one about a year ago and they shipped it right out.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:19 PM
TECH Addict

The I pipe is just a straight piece of 3" pipe. You can buy one made by dynomax, from summit racing for ?$35. You could also have a piece of 3" pipe welded on at a muffler shop for next to nothing.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

either order one like some have said or take it to a muffler shop and see if they can fab on up for you.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it has to make some turns at the end... to go up into the other section over the axle and I want it to be mandrel bent. Ill give GMMG a call tomorrow and see what they will do for me. I'm close to there and could pick it up.

It just sucks to spend so much ($550) and then the item get here with a major part missing. Hell, a brand new one with standard tips is only 700 shipped from gmmg direct. Mine doesn't even have tips Not that I don't already have some tips to use, but still.
Old 04-07-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Redneck Z
The I pipe is just a straight piece of 3" pipe. You can buy one made by dynomax, from summit racing for ?$35. You could also have a piece of 3" pipe welded on at a muffler shop for next to nothing.

Are you saying there is an intermediate pipe available from summit or just a straight piece of pipe? I'm doing a little browsing on their site and not having alot of luck finding it. Figured its worth investigating anyways.

Thanks for the suggestions guys
Old 04-07-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dang the fun never stops... dude forgot to mention he had the stock hanger moved and re-welded into another spot... Left a huge rusty welded up hole where it used to be. :sigh: Don't ever buy anything from heymoej, at least not without an inspection in person.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

also arrived in no box... just bubble wrapped with the ends sticking out

usually fed ex deliveries are happy times lol
Old 04-07-2006, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

yes i sold it & i will buy it back & i wont act like you either,no matter how hard you try
Old 04-07-2006, 10:57 PM
On The Tree

That's a total rip-off. I can't believe anyone would sell such a hunk of **** for $550 and feel good about themselves.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

& no there was never ever a hole look in it, that is where the guy i bought it from welded a small hanger on when he removed the original hanger,now if you look at the pic by his finger you will see where the original hanger was cut off,there is still a stub there from the original hanger right where the new hanger is welded on.they are all in the right places & there is no welded holes just excess weld that was not ground off!i offered my phone # & i get belittled,i offer my new i-pipe on my new exhaust & i am no good,i ask him to slow down & relax,i have a 100% feedback with 158 positive transactions & i am no good.i men no harm to no one!!!!!!!!!! & if i have to buy it back i will!!!!!!!! you dont have to try & ruin someone,
Old 04-07-2006, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jdaniels
It's supposed to have an intermediate pipe... why you don't have it, I don't know. I would be pissed.

http://www.gmmginc.net/html/chamberedexhaust.html

Read the description.
please everyone go to this sight & check the picture out this is exactly what i sent him minus the tips!!!!! thanx jdaniels for the pic!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2006, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RollTideTA
Dang the fun never stops... dude forgot to mention he had the stock hanger moved and re-welded into another spot... Left a huge rusty welded up hole where it used to be. :sigh: Don't ever buy anything from heymoej, at least not without an inspection in person.
here you go!i am in N/W IN. & yes i take paypal but put in an extra 3% for there fees or send a money order. there is under 5000 miles on the exhaust.the only thing done to it is that i had to have 2 more hangers welded on for my cme,all of the hangers are in the stock locations.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by heymoej
please everyone go to this sight & check the picture out this is exactly what i sent him minus the tips!!!!! thanx jdaniels for the pic!!!!!!!
The picture shows that, but it says that the intermediate pipe is included in the overview.