Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on headers

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question on headers

I origionally wanted to go with kooks 1-3/4 race headers and an ory. But I was told by my local speed shop that they wont make any power over flowtech or pacesetters. even later on down the road when i have heads and cam. Just wondering what you guys thought about it.
Old 04-10-2006, 09:52 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Read through this to try and gauge whether or not you want to spend the extra cash.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/140408-exhaust-reviews-sound-clips-ls1sounds-com.html
Old 04-10-2006, 09:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Most of the LT's are comparable, some have slightly better collector designs but what you pay for mostly is fit and finish and materials used. Kooks, QTP, Stainless Works are all stainless steel and will alst the life of the car. Pacesetters, Hooker, Jet Hot, Edlebrock are all mild steel (coated optional) and will not last as long.

If you have the money and you plan on keeping the car for longer than 3-5 years then stainless steel is the better bet. If you think you may change cars sooner than that or you don't have the money just get some coated steel ones. Personally I like the Edlebrocks but they don't offer cats, so my second choice would be Pacesetter with aTSP catted Y. Both fit well and will see good gains.