Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

motor mount install from hell - help needed STAT

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default motor mount install from hell - help needed STAT

I spent 10 hours yesterday and i'm one hour in today and can't get the pedestal to line up correctly. i have the driver's side mount very loosely bolted to the block, left the large through bolt off and still can't get the pedestal to sit flush.

i'm wondering if i have the mount installed upside down...i have the tabs that stick out of the sides on the bottom...are they supposed to be on the top? it just seems that the only way the pedestal sits flush is if it is sitting 1" away from where it is supposed to.

i'm looking for some help on this asap...thanks
Old 04-16-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

nevermind for now...i think it was in upside down
Old 04-16-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

yea tabs are supposed to be on the top buddy. I would also try to get the clamshells bolted to the motor then put that big 18mm bolt through after they are both on the motor.

Also try to line them both up at the same time or you are going to have a hell of a time getting them both to line up
Old 04-16-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah...at first i glanced over at the pass. side real quickly and thought i saw the tabs on the bottom, but i took a closer look and saw they were at the top...now i'm screwing with different combinations of tightening/loosening and different jack heights to try to get the 18mm bolt in

i'm only doing the driver's side at this point in time, but it looks like i'll have to loosen the pass. side bolts to get everything to line up, so i think i'm going to let the car sit until next weekend and then do the pass. side at that time since the bolts are going to be loosened and everything is going to be out of the way