Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JAZ catch can

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default JAZ catch can

Good evening and Happy Easter everyone.

I did a search and did not find anything useful. I am wondering if a JAZ style catch can would be alright to use on my LS1. It is the catch can with a built in K&N breather on top. I like the looks of this catch can over any others I have seen and they are not too costly.

What do you guys think? Yea or Nea?

-Jamin
Old 04-17-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the radiator? No reason it shouldn't work.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think he means for the pcv valve. I am wondering the same here. I do not want to spend 180 for ams catch, and the husky alternative is not to my liking
Old 04-27-2006, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

well, got mine in the mail yesterday, so I am going to be the guinee pig I guess, let you know how it turns out.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

ok, go here and check this out.
called one pint mini breather

http://www.jazproducts.com/index2.htm

I hooked mine up tonight, and while I did not continue to fab up a bracket untill I get some real feedback here. first impressions, well I lost no vaccum, yet the throttle was not as responsive. sounds like I have an ati under the hood, which is ok, but I don't. Anyone know if this is a feesible solution or should I keep looking, also should I plug the breather? would this help?
Old 05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by daryl2cb@yahoo.com
ok, go here and check this out.
called one pint mini breather

http://www.jazproducts.com/index2.htm

I hooked mine up tonight, and while I did not continue to fab up a bracket untill I get some real feedback here. first impressions, well I lost no vaccum, yet the throttle was not as responsive. sounds like I have an ati under the hood, which is ok, but I don't. Anyone know if this is a feesible solution or should I keep looking, also should I plug the breather? would this help?
K well last I heard, I got some feedback from the internal engine section, thanks guys. anyway, if you wish to use this can for the pcv, here are the goods.

1 st, go to your local hardware store and get, 1 1/4 inch washer, zinc coated, 1 1/4 inch bolt by 1". then find a 1/4" by 5/8" well nut.
2nd remove the breather, place the well nut in the hole and check for tight fit, ok, now remove it and expoxy just the lip of the well nut, push back into the hole. wait the alloted time limit, then insert the bolt put a little teflon on it. do not forget the washer, and crank that baby down, you may want to use a hose clamp around the neck for saftey against cracking, but I had no issues.

from there, I placed an extra bit of rtv over the whole assembly just for ***** and giggles, let it dry, then reinstall the breather. Now you got a certified working can. if you want to test it, place a mighty vac on one side, and a cap, mine came with two on the other side, pump up the mighty vac, I went up to 20, on the guage, basically what your motor should see at 70 mph crusing at 0% tps. I left it plugged in for about 30 minutes, and it lost nothing, so, I opened the pet **** and let the pressure out of it. I have pics in my signature, I switched hosting sites, so hopefully they wil be up this week. good luck.
Old 05-02-2006, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

What about the throttle response?
Old 05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the xpensive one...now with a bunch of NX solenoids, where the hell do I mount it. LOL? Allways something!!
Old 05-05-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

everything functioned as normal with the above plugged.