Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another MAF question

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 02:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default another MAF question

First thing first- I HAVE done a search on this, and trust me there is a lot of reading. About a year ago (before coming to this site) I purchased a SLP MAF and like amny many other people im having problems. It keeps tripping the SES light so i used my handheld programmer (Predator)to read the trouble codes. It said it was running too lean. I talked to SLP and they sent out another... same thing . Is there a way i can use the tuner to solve this? Otherwise ill switch back to the stocker but ill be out a 100 bucks. Any advice would be helpful, I hate riding around with the SES light up... makes me nervous
Old 04-24-2006, 02:25 AM
TECH Addict

...damnit, cmon guys. I read the search but didnt find anything specific on tuning out the prob with a hndheld tuner... if u even can. anyone know?
Old 04-24-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man honestly just ebay the slp one because you dont really need it, and your gonna keep having problems. everyone has problems with these there might be something to tune but with a predator i dunno. the stock one is fine
Old 04-24-2006, 02:52 AM
12 Second Club

i think there is a maf tuner out there somewhere. Check around i bet you youll find one ive seen them just cant remember where, One of the sponsors sites.