Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil Leak???

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 04:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Leak???

well i got under my car to replace the O2 sensor extension and noticed on the passenger side header alot of black bubbly looking stuff on my header, and some of the armor coating is starting to peel off. ive had the headers for about 5 months now and they are great but i dont know where this oil could be coming from? is it a bad valve cover gasket??? and i dont want it to rust through my headers and ruin them, its starting to be a pain in the *** to keep finding this kind of ****. it all started after i got my car worked on and got the oil pump replaced, before that never had any oil leaks or problems like that.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:06 PM
11 Second Club

I need to jump on this thread too, I got motor oil on the garage floor and the rate of leaking is getting worse. Mine is also leaking on the passeneger side too, but it is up front closer to the pulleys.

I can't get any closer to the source without putting her up on a lift. And from the top, I can't see anything amiss
Old 04-27-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Camaro guy is the oil leaking on to the flanges that bolt to the head?? If so its probly a valve cover. Try cleaning every thing up and see where its coming from.

Lscrude Might want to check your timing cover and timing cover seal where the pully goes through.
Old 04-27-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

no its not on the flange or any of the pipes up top, my oil pan was leaking and could that be the cause?? i looked and feeled up under the flange and reached behind the engine and felt the edge of the valve cover and nothing, could it be my oil pressure sending unit leaking??? i mean that thing is acting dumb and reads different pressure all the time.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It could be the oil press sending unit but is should be running down the trans as well. They had to drop your oil pan to do your oil pump, check there too.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

the oil pan was leaking and they seemed to fix it since i dont have anymore drops on my driveway, but i dont see where its coming from.
Old 04-28-2006, 08:20 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by conan
Camaro guy is the oil leaking on to the flanges that bolt to the head?? If so its probly a valve cover. Try cleaning every thing up and see where its coming from.

Lscrude Might want to check your timing cover and timing cover seal where the pully goes through.
Thanks man, I will be looking into it...