Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EGR - AIR - O2 Sensors - Motor/Tranny mount FAQ!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 09:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I just read all 5 pages of this thread, and one question has been asked many times but not answered.....

When you have the AIR and EGR codes "tuned out" does it cause those monitors to show up as "not ready"??? I live in Mass and need to pass the diagnostic test, and I believe I can only have two monitors not ready.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

So I recently got state ref & will be scheduling an appointment to pass smog. I will be reinstalling my stock exhaust manifolds & cats. But I was wondering if I would need to reinstall my AIR to pass? Since I removed it for my race style headers. I've heard that it wont effect passing smog. But it will need to look like its installed? Thanks....
Old 05-01-2011, 01:14 PM
Teching In

Just bought a T/A last week and it had the AIR still hooked up, took everything out and its a new car, runs so much better. Nice that the stutter issue was so simple.
Old 07-09-2011, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alright so buying pacesetter LT's, and a true dual system. I'll probably get the extensions (havent decided yet) Should I delete the AIR and EGR? A post earlier talked about not deleting it causing backfiring? Guess I'm not sure exactly what I'm asking, but what route should I go on this whole thing? Will be doing this all on my own learning as I'm going, but with a buddy thats been doing it professionally for 20 years
Old 07-09-2011, 07:02 PM
12 Second Club

i didnt remove mine when I did Pacesetters with no cats and a custom Y and I dont have any backfiring, not yet at least *crosses fingers*
Old 07-09-2011, 09:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Nick_Rapitis
i didnt remove mine when I did Pacesetters with no cats and a custom Y and I dont have any backfiring, not yet at least *crosses fingers*
This is the one that makes me worry about it

Originally Posted by slaptastic
I put a set of pacesetter LT's and a Pacesetter y-pipe on and I bought a extension harness for the front O2 sensors. I'm going to get the second pair of sensors tuned out. Now is it still ok to drive and I also have a lot of backfiring. The backfiring never happened before the install. Any ideas on what the backfiring is all about? I've got an 02 Z28.
I thought I read something about the AIR being the cause, but now I can't find it so maybe I was imagining ****...
What's the story on the block off plates? Making sure I get everything before starting
Old 07-09-2011, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

Could just be popping because of the lack of cats...
Old 07-10-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well there's a link in the very first post, I read throu that and it talks about deleting the AIR. I believe there were 3 people in there that said doing so fixed their backfiring. Something about the check valve going bad. But with the system I'm going with I'm just gonna delete all of, no need since it won't be doing anything and I don't have emissions checks around here
Old 07-15-2011, 12:28 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98_WS6_T/A
Ok I just read all 5 pages of this thread, and one question has been asked many times but not answered.....

When you have the AIR and EGR codes "tuned out" does it cause those monitors to show up as "not ready"??? I live in Mass and need to pass the diagnostic test, and I believe I can only have two monitors not ready.
I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I do know 96'-00' cars 2 monitors not ready is ok and 01'-present cars 1 monitor not ready is it. FYI I am an inspector at a central mass shop and I am F-Body friendly
Old 07-15-2011, 02:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Alright so I've asked this question in other threads, haven't got an answer. Finally realized this says motor/tranny mount on the title I'm gonna be doing new mounts with my headers install. I've don't tranny mounts on a 97 v6, about 5 of them so that should be alright unless it's different... Solutions to motor mounts seeing as I've never done any of them. I got the Prothane Poly mounts
Old 03-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Teching In

Default I know it's been a while...

since anyone posted in this thread, but maybe some of you are still watching it.

Anyone wanna sell me their Air Pump and hoses(for an 01-02 T/A)? I need to have them to pass emissions inspection

I'd post in Pay it forward thread, but I'm still gathering parts for my install and don't want to give away anything that I might need. This thread also seems like the most likely place to find people who no longer want their air pumps
Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SicV8
will not having air shorten the life of ur cats?
also is the air pump fuse is pulled will that hurt anything?
Guess it wouldnt matter since i dont have cats
Old 09-03-2013, 10:57 AM
Staging Lane

very helpful
Old 03-25-2016, 10:10 PM
On The Tree

None of the links in the original post have pictures anymore. Does anyone have pics showing how to delete AIR and EGR?

Quick Reply: EGR - AIR - O2 Sensors - Motor/Tranny mount FAQ!