Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How loud is the Loudmouth II?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How loud is the Loudmouth II?

I dont want an obnoxiously loud exhaust, But I'm now leaning towards the SLP LM II for looks and price. I've heard they are loud, but How loud, and how much interior resonance? Its really hard to compare with online sound clips so I'm sure some of you have personal experience. I have Stock manifolds and cats, and probably will be that way for a while. Please tell me pros and cons. Any help is appreciated.
Old 05-07-2006, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its loud..I love it myself. I love the tone of it. At WOT its very loud.
Old 05-07-2006, 07:44 AM
TECH Junkie

the LM is pretty much straight pipes.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:01 AM
On The Tree

i had my SLP LM I installed when I had stock manifolds and cats. Sounded awesome... still loud though. I heard the LM II had a deeper tone, but ran quieter. If its the same as the LM I, dont install headers and an ORY if you want a quiet exhaust system. It becomes obnoxiously loud (which i like) and pops in certain rpm ranges (this i dont like). Cats would probably prevent the popping though. The loudmouth I sounds great with stock manifolds and cats, but I really cant speak for the LMII. Im thinking of trying it myself to see if it will stop the popping i currently have.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

The LMII sounds nice w/ stock manifolds and cats, its real deep and plently loud, plus its a lot cheaper than a GmmG or other catbacks.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Teching In

i have LM II, It sounds so nice with stock manifolds and cats, its deep and not to loud, i did LM II so that when i do LT and ory its gunna be loud but not as loud as LM I would be.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:54 PM
On The Tree

I have a LM2. On stock manifolds and cats it was loud and deep. It sounded pretty good. I now have longtubes and an offroad y. Its just obnoxious now.