Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTPs - standard vs. HVMC...

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default QTPs - standard vs. HVMC...

Well, I haven' t seen any posts on this, so far, so I thought I' d contribute, for those interested, or thinking of QTP HVMCs, what experiences I have had.
Basically, I have just had the car tuned, on the same dyno, by the same technician, and have some numbers.

Back in November, in 60* outside temperatures, my car dyno' d 354/360 RWHP/ RWTQ. The intake temperature was about 78*. Yesterday, my car was tuned and dyno' d, with the only change being the HVMCs, and it put down 359/371. These are with the stall locked. My intake temperatures were about 110*. There was what my tuner thought to be a spike, to 366 RWHP, but, I am not too experienced in dyno testing.

So, there it is. For anyone curious, there is some power to be had, with the HVMCs. Is it worth it? Probably depends on what your mods' are, and what they will be. I considered it a future investment. I have a stock longblock right now, but plan on a SC or a H/C package. With the reduction in price, it is more resonable, but, there are other, less expensive LTs out there, so the choices are a lot. I' m happy with what I have, and would have liked getting a little more, but, with those intake temps', I wonder how much may be on the table.
Old 05-17-2006, 07:08 PM
11 Second Club

i been running QTPs HVM headers for a long time...... they are awesome..best header i have ever had on my car.... the other ones i ran were crappy..
i ran 11.7s with boltons and 11.2s cam only... the headers are top notch!
Old 05-17-2006, 07:14 PM
TECH Resident

Word
Old 05-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Email me the dyno sheet. I would love to check it. sales@quicktimeperformance.com
Thanks.